The Acts on Finnvera define the tasks whereby Finnvera influences the development of enterprise and employment in Finland. Every fourth year, the Ministry of Employment and the Economy sets goals for Finnvera. These apply to issues such as the focus of operations, the impact and efficiency of operations, and capital adequacy.
Financing is grounded in the Acts and Decrees on Finnvera, international agreements and EU legislation, the Government’s commitment to compensate for some guarantee and credit losses, and in the credit and guarantee policy confirmed by Finnvera’s Board of Directors.
- Finnvera has succeeded when its clients succeed.
Finnvera carries out its operations in accordance with the service practices defined for client segments and the ISO 9001 certified operating system. The operating system and its effectiveness are evaluated on a regular basis using both internal and external audits. The observations made during the audits help Finnvera to develop the operating system continuously and to address any anomalies.
Vision, values, and strategy in brief
The strategy aims at achieving a better client experience, effectiveness, and team play.
- Finnish companies get fresh ideas, grow, go international and win markets.
- Financing enables and promotes creation of new entrepreneurship and new jobs.
- We offer companies a range of internationally competitive solutions for export financing.
- Our risk management guarantees the realisation of economic self-sustainability.
- We identify market failures correctly and take the different economic cycles into consideration.
- Our operations improve Finland’s competitiveness in export and as a business environment.
- Our operations are clear, solution-oriented and predictable.
- Our customer service is the best in the reference group.
- We are an active initiator and a good team player as a part of the Team Finland entity.
- We improve productivity and customer satisfaction by means of effective procedures and by utilising electronic records management.
- We ensure internationally competitive know-how through constant development of the work organisation and personnel.
Finnvera’s vision is to be a provider of financing for growth, competitiveness, and internationalisation. We are proceeding towards our goal by revising our working methods, by developing our product range, and by strengthening our know-how and cooperation with other public and private providers of financing. We are active and want to offer the best customer service in our reference group.
Constant strategy work
Finnvera’s strategy is updated annually. The process starts early in the year, when the Board of Directors reviews the attainment of the goals set for the previous year and discusses new goals. The background information needed for the work is obtained by examining the goals set by the owner, by analysing the operating environment, by conducting inquiries among clients and the personnel, by reviewing clients’ expectations, and by monitoring competitors’ activities. The outline prepared by the Board of Directors for the coming strategy in May serves as the basis for the strategy proposal that the Management Group submits to the Board. The Board confirms the strategy in September.
The business and support units then prepare their own annual goals, which are specified in autumn, during annual planning and budgeting, and are approved by the Management Group. Finnvera’s Board of Directors confirms the annual goals and the budget in December.